Nitrogen Dioxide is a highly toxic, oxidizing gas with a reddish-brown color and an irritating odor.
- Used as a catalyst in certain oxidation reactions
- As an inhibitor to prevent polymerization of acrylates during distillation
- As a nitrating agent for organic compounds
- As an oxidizing agent
- As a rocket fuel
- As a flour bleaching agent
- In the manufacturing of liquid explosives
- For increasing the wet strength of paper
|Chemically & Physical Properties
|Toxic gas, oxidizer, corrosive
|Fill Weight (lb)
**Moisture level guaranteed only when Electronic Fluorocarbons prepares the cylinders.
All concentrations are on a mol/mol basis unless otherwise stated.
Product sold on the basis of total impurities. Individual impurities may vary slightly.
*This gas not available for purchase online.